A Matter of Being Prepared
Most of us like to be prepared. We keep spare tires on our cars, fire extinguishers in our homes, and maybe a little extra bit of cash stuck away… just in case. It’s reassuring to know that we’ve done what we can to prepare for whatever life might bring our way.
Funeral pre-arranging, or advance funeral planning, is simply a matter of being prepared. None of us takes pleasure in thinking about our deaths, and yet who will take care of all the details when that day comes? It makes good sense to prepare in advance.
Funeral pre-arranging is the process of planning a funeral service any time prior to the actual need for the service. Pre-arranging provides you the opportunity to:
- Express your wishes for your service. Loved ones often wonder what you would have wanted. By selecting your options in advance, there is no doubt.
- Relieve an emotional burden from your family. By making sound decisions about funeral needs in advance, family members are freed from this responsibility at the time of need. This allows them to focus on supporting one another rather than being asked to make many decisions at a difficult time.
- Relieve a financial burden from your family. If you choose to prepay or prefund the funeral service, we have plans available that will assure you and your family that the service and merchandise you select will be guaranteed in the future without any additional cost to them.
- Make all necessary arrangements for a loved one. If you are responsible for the care of a loved one, you can pre-arrange funeral service for him/her at your convenience.
- Give you and your family the gift of peace of mind. Pre-arranging gives you the peace of knowing that you have done all that you can to provide meaningful direction for your family.
Do as Much or as Little as You Like…
When considering funeral pre-arranging, please understand that you can do as much, or as little, as is right for you. You may:
- Supply personal information, that others may have difficulty obtaining, for Rumsey-Yost to keep on file.
- Select the kind of service and merchandise that you desire. In addition, you can determine the various components of the service, including who will officiate, music to be played or performed, and any other instructions that are important to you.
- Choose to prepay for the service, assuring you and your family that the goods and services you have selected will be provided with no need for additional funds.
- Funeral pre-arrangement: It just makes sense.
For more information about funeral pre-arrangement, please contact Matt Daigh by calling (785) 843-5111.